Gunst TO Bearing Update

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Gunst TO Bearing Update
From: acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 12:36:22 -0500
Hi List,

I was suprised to only receive a couple responses from people about the
condition of their bearings when they arrived.  Of the two responses I
received one suggested that most likely everything would work fine and
that the marks on the OUTSIDE of the sleeve were of little
consecquence.  Another suggested that any noise was a possible concern.
  I suspect that the "noise" the bearing might have been making is
probably normal but without another similar bearing to compare it to I
dont know for sure.  My thanks to the people who responded.

I did call TRF's customer service.  They suggested that I send it back
for no other reason then if I installed the bearing and there was a
problem then they would not be able to help me.  In fact, they said if
I had any concern at all that I should send it back.  They indicated
they would replace the part, credit my account or refund my money, my
choice.  I will opt for having them send me a replacement part since
driving weather here is several months away.

I suspect the part might have set out in the open or some packing
material might have collected on it and it would have worked just fine.
  But considering the fun one has when replacing the bearing it isnt
something I would want to do more than I would need to.

Cheers,

Aaron

Aaron Cropley
71 TR6 (Throttle Body Injection!)