Re: Biggest bang for the buck?

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>,
Subject: Re: Biggest bang for the buck?
From: Jim Jones <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 08:48:55 -0800 (PST)
I would echo what Vance said about exhaust mods. The motor on my car has
headers feeding into a single pipe extractor exhaust system. That in
combination with K&N filters and retuning of the carbs made a noticeable
difference in performance above 50 MPH. While this stuff ain't cheap, it's
easier to do than popping off the head for a grind and installing a different
cam. And having good exhaust flow will make the compression boost and cam
replacement mods work all the more better. Plus there are other enhancements
that don't require opening up the motor, like an electric fan, better ignition
system, and cold air induction. These will help, too.

  But I agree that triple carbs are really cool. I'm shooting for triple SU's,
myself.

Good luck on your project, Joe!

  Jim
  (snip)