Re: O/D Installation

To: Sean OBrien <saob_100@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: O/D Installation
From: Jay Snable <jsnable@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 21:49:31 -0700
Hi Sean,

Coincidentally, I just came up from the garage after working on my
conversion. I bought a kit from John (a J-Type for my '73) and am
using Nelson Riedel's instructions from the Buckeye Triumphs website
to disassemble the transmission. These instructions are no longer on
the website - go to webarchive.org and type in Buckeye Triumphs to
get to an archived copy. The instructions will give you a good idea
of what is involved, although they don't specifically talk about the
conversion process. Of course, I hope to know more about that in the
next few weeks...

So far I have made the "extension removal tool" (with a slight twist
- I welded nuts to the 1/2" bolts rather than welding the bolts
directly to the threaded rod - worked like a charm). A little more
tool fabrication and the whole thing should be apart!

Oh, and by the way, this whole project started with a howling
throwout bearing. Thanks to all who successfully diagnosed that problem.

Jay
'73 TR6