Re: Fuel line

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel line
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 12:37:56 -0700
Mike C.---Try another auto parts store. Most sell fuel line by the foot.

I would be surprised if replacing this line solves the "lean-out"
problem, tho. 8>(
Try disconnecting the fuel line after the kink, and start the engine.
Note the volume by eye, or measure it according to the data in a repair
manual.

Dick

6pack@autox.team.net Subject: Fuel line
I found a couple of kinks in the fuel line that goes from the fuel pump
to the carbs. I have had a persistent lean condition-especially since I
installed a GP triple carb set-up. These kinks look like they each cut
flow by 1/2. I went to the local auto parts store for replacement. All
they have is brake line that has a larger diameter and will not be
compatible with the rubber hose connections at the carb supply union.
The big three do not have replacement fuel supply lines available.
Anybody out with a tip on replacement tubing or an alternative? TIA
Mike C '71 TR6