A Gas Tank Question

To: "Triumph 6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: A Gas Tank Question
From: "Andy Schwarz" <aschwarz11@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 15:19:17 -0700
While the gas tank is out of the car, I would like to do any renovations that
I can.  So, in addition to painting, I cleaned, as best as possible, the
inside by sloshing around a strong soap solution.  After rinsing this
thorougly, I could see that there was some rust on the inside, primarily in
the seam that joins the halves together.  To hopefully stop that, I poured a
phosphoric acid cleaner into the tank and then rinsed it out.  Should I stop
at this point or add a gas tank sealer?  Does anyone have experience with
doing this?  I have been concerned that adding a sealer might contaminate the
gas for a long time.  Thanks in advance for any help .

Andy
70 TR6
Renton, WA