cockpit covers

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>, <samuelsma@aol.com>
Subject: cockpit covers
From: "Donald LeBrun" <del@re-comm.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 15:54:24 -0500
I too have been eyeballing these covers for the wifes car.  Since these are
not readily available from Moss and I do not care for the ebay game, I have
spoken with a friend in the marine upholstery business.  I showed him the
Moss picture and he gave me a price of about $45 - 50 for cloth backed vinyl
and about $75 for the sunbrella fabric.  This includes the straps for the
door handles, mirror and rear fender lips.  We also talked about using the
existing tonneau cover snap locations on the rear deck and door tops to
secure the cover.  It would be the same price as the Moss style including
his mounting the snaps.  These would also be available in any standard solid
color.  I have him lined up to make one over the winter.

He did a cover out of the sunbrella for our Nautique a few years ago and it
still looks brand new despite being exposed to the sun most of the summer
(need a new cover for the boat lift).  Given your location I imagine you
could find as good if not better deal from one of the boat shops in/around
Miami???