Re: WooHoo! Mallory...

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: WooHoo! Mallory...
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 11:44:55 -0700
Shannon---24 deg. of centrifugal advance is about the right amount. By
setting the idle timing, (where no advance should be taking place) to 10
deg., you'll then have 34 deg. when the timing is all-in.
I'm not sure what controls maximum timing on the Mallory. If it's a stop
post like on the Lucas, then a change of advance springs may not alter
the total.
If you feel you want more total timing, and can get away with it, you
can set the initial timing up to 12 or 14 deg.

Vance is correct about checking the operation of the retard capsules on
the Lucas. I always recommend starting the timing process with this
feature DISconnected, and then see what you get with it reconnected. A
moot point with your new setup.

Dick

Vance) Cc: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor),
6pack@autox.team.net Subject: Re: WooHoo! Mallory....

Vance,
That's the reason I was asking to begin with.. the Mallory Uniltie
doesn't have a vacuum retard... or advance for that matter. It's all
centrifugal.
The dizzy maxes out at 24 degrees at around 3100rpm. If I need to change
it I'll have to get new springs.
-Shannon