RE: A couple of quick reassembly questions

To: <Mickylong@aol.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: A couple of quick reassembly questions
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 13:28:37 -0700
        Micky:

        Answers below.

        Vance

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-6pack@autox.team.net [mailto:owner-6pack@autox.team.net] On
Behalf Of Mickylong@aol.com
Sent: August 24, 2005 9:25 AM
To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: A couple of quick reassembly questions

<snip>

>First and easiest -- do the headlamp bucket wires feed through the wing

>grommets or do they feed up from the under the wing?  It looks like the
grommet
>is almost too small for the tube holding the headlamp wiring  as well
as the
>side market lights.

        The wiring does indeed feed through the grommets, along with
the side marker light wiring.

>Second, I'm having a devil of a time feeding the line off the clutch
master.
> I assume this snakes around the brake booster somehow but it  doesn't
seem
>like an intuitive fit.  Any suggestions?  Behind the  booster,
alongside it?

        The line that attaches to the clutch master is a hard line. It
goes  up from
the master, then does a 170 degree turn down between the clutch master
and
the vacuum booster, angled slightly towards the front of the car. It
then does a
90 degree turn towards the engine, still angling slightly forward, until
it passes the
edge of the inner fender where it ends. The soft line then connects to
the hard line
and goes the rest of the way to the slave.
        There is a good drawing here:

http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=32781

>Any help would be appreciated in an attempt to keep me sane until I get
>snap a few pics of a club members engine bay.  Bentley and TRF catalogs
help
>some but don't cover it all.  If anyone has any suggestions for online

>locations for close up shots of engine bays, please pass those along as
well.
>Thanks in advance.

        Your best bet is to get a set of Roadster factory TR6 catalogs.
They have
detailed exploded drawings of every part of the car. They are your best
friend.