Hazard flasher TR250 -- TR6

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Hazard flasher TR250 -- TR6
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 09:27:08 -0400
Can I use a 72 TR6 two leaded hazard flasher in a TR250 - 71 TR6?

The TR250 to 71 TR6 hazard flasher had 3 leads. The 72 has two leads.

In the TR250 and 71 TR6, one of the two flasher output leads drives the dash
indicator light, and
the other lead drives the hazard flasher relay which in turn drives front and
rear the directional
signal lamps.

In the 72, the single output lead on the hazard flasher connects to the hazard
toggle switch which
in turn fans out to drive the dash indicator light and drives the front and
rear directional signal
lamps directly. There is no hazard relay on the 72.

It would seem that I could use the two leaded 72 flasher and connect the single
output lead to both
the dash indicator lights and the hazard relay.

Is there a problem to connect the 72 hazard flasher to a the hazard flasher
relay? Are there other
problems?

Are the TR250 - 71 TR6 and 72 TR6 hazard flasher the same physical size -- to
they fit the mounting
brackets?

TRF does not carry the TR250 - 71 TR6 three leaded hazard flasher. Moss has a
three leaded hazard
flasher for the TR250 - 71 TR6, but it's noted as being a "replacement type".
Any of you Moss
resellers out there know what that means?

Guess I'll call TRF about this.

Thanks,

Don Malling