RE: Timing

To: "JOHN JOHNSON" <john70350@msn.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Timing
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 19:36:08 -0700
        John:

        With the vacuum retard connected and operating (most are long
since dead, so make sure it is really working) set the timing to 4ATDC.
If it is not working, or you disconnect it to set the timing, set it to
10BTDC.
        The vacuum capsules dry out and quit working after a few years,
so many people just leave them disconnected and opt for the 10BTDC
number. The car runs just fine w/o the retard, but it will pollute more.

        Cheers,

        Vance