Front Hubs

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Front Hubs
From: "John & Allison Cyganowski" <janah@att.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 17:14:22 -0400
All Right - On to the next task today of reassembling my brakes.

I have installed my front hub. When I follow the Bentley procedure and
torque the castle nut down to 5 ft*lbs and then back off 1 flat, the nut is
easily finger loose. I don't have a good way of measuring end play, but it
is not much.  When I removed the hub to have the rotor turned, the castle
nut was not finger loose, but tight and it required a socket to loosen it,
but not much torque at all.  I am inclined to give it another flat of twist
and call it done.

Opinions?

John Cyg.