RE: Electronic ignition systems for TR6

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>, Greg Perry <rgperry@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: Electronic ignition systems for TR6
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 22:37:47 -0600
>===== Original Message From Greg Perry <rgperry@earthlink.net> =====
>Hello,
>
>If one wanted to put an electrinic ignition system on thier TR6,  which
>system is the best overall?

You are sure to get a good variance of opinions here.

Personally, I have been running a Pertronix for close to eight years with no
troubles at all. They are touchy and easily damaged if not set up properly and
they had a run of bad units. Which is probably why their reputation is a
little tarnished.

The Crane's have a very high reliability rating. But I have heard they can be
a pain to set up, but after that it's smooth sailing.

I haven't heard much on the Unilite's but am very interested in them.

Shawn J. Loseke
Fort Collins, CO
http://www.triumphowners.com/79   (1972 TR6)
http://www.triumphowners.com/690  (1980 TR8)