RE: Settig the distributor..float

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Settig the distributor..float
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 23:14:27 -0400
I took the whole thing apart today and got my dizzy into better
alignment.
In the end even with no paper shims and the pedestal bolted down with
cleaned surfaces, the drive gear still has some vertical movement so I
don't think it needs any shims. I may add one just to give me something
to coat with gasket dressing to help seal that interface.

This is quite a busy little gear, driving the distributor and the oil
pump and the PI metering unit on the injected cars. I guess they are all
light loads in the end.

Stan