RE: parking brake

To: "COLIN THOM" <colinthom@shaw.ca>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: parking brake
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 20:01:46 -0400
The TR6 parking brake was never that great. In addition to the standard
adjustment on the backplate the only other thing I can suggest are making sure
the cables and not seized/rusted/stretched and if they are lube/replace them.

I have also seen aftermarket replacement or extension levers that attachi to
the levers on the backplate to give you a bit more mechanical advantage.
Personally I find the when adjusted correctly and when the cables are moving
freely the hand brake is adequate.

Re replies not making the list, There is a warning on the bottom of every email
pointing to some hints but the biggest mistake people make is hitting the Reply
button. I know, it sounds stupid but you need to make sure the original message
is not quoted in its entirety. I really would like this restriction lifted.
Perhaps if we all made a small contribution to help support this very valuable
service there would be enough money to add some additional storage.

http://www.team.net/donate.html

Stan