Re: TR250 TR6 Adjustable Clutch Push Rod

To: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>, 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR250 TR6 Adjustable Clutch Push Rod
From: Greg Perry <rgperry@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 08:29:28 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Don,

I tried 20 years ago to increase the length of the push rod on my 72 TR6.  All
it did was to push the clutch slave piston further into the bore.  It did not
solve my problem of moving the disengagement of the clutch from the floor board
up to the middle range of the clutch pedal travel.  I had the broken clutch
fork pin at the time.  I believe that the adjustable push rod was a quick fix
(but not permanent)  for a slight movement of the clutch fork on the clutch
shaft.

FWIW,

Greg Perry