Re: Which engine to rebuild

To: "michael lunsford" <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Which engine to rebuild
From: "Terry Geiger" <tgeiger@shoalsbritishcars.org>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 08:46:20 -0500
The later block has two advantages:
1) recesses around the top of the cylinder bore improves head gasket sealing
(less likely to blow a head gasket)
2) there is a reinforcement cast into the side of the later block, which
helps reduce "flex" of the engine block

Terry Geiger
Florence, Alabama USA
http://www.shoalsbritishcars.org
'74 Triumph TR6 (for sunny days)
'59 Triumph TR3A (basket case)
'84 Mercedes 300D (for the wife to drive)
'90 Chevy S10 (parts fetcher)