Original radios

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Original radios
From: "Steve Lindquist" <lindquistse@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 21:21:17 -0400
This spring I decided to upgrade my very sorry British Leyland AM/FM
radio in my TR250.  I could not find a radio that would fit and didn't
want to hack up the dash support.  I did have the original AM radio in a
box of parts from the PO and I decided to have it converted into a
modern AM/FM radio.
The guy I used is Gary Tayman http://taymanelectrical.com   ( nfi)  I am
quite pleased with the results, you can hear the radio at 40 mph and the
reception rivals my radio in my daily driver. At 70 mph its hopeless.

 The upgrade uses the old tuner so you have to empirically determine the
FM settings, but the push buttons work on both the am and fm settings.
Figure price to be about 2x what you'd pay at a Best Buy.  Also looking
for original knobs if anyone knows of a source..
Steve

Steve Lindquist
CD231L