Quarter Panels: New British Heritage vs Old salvage vs Repair

To: 6Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Quarter Panels: New British Heritage vs Old salvage vs Repair
From: ronald weber <rmweber_99@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 17:05:34 -0700 (PDT)
The resto saga continues on my TR6. I received word earlier this week that once
the paint and body putty was stripped from my car, the quarter panels revealed
their true glory. Lots of dents, perfs, and putty keying holes all over the
place. My body shop guy pretty much indicated it would probably cost more to
repair them than to just replace them.

This prompts my question to the group: What have been your experiences using
the British Heritage from-original-tooling replacement parts vs finding usable
salvage parts in good shape? Do the British Heritage parts fit well or is there
significant work required to get them to fit? What about Austin/Rover
replacements that I noticed were on Ebay?

As always, your input is valued and appreciated!

Ron W
71TR6