215 Tires: where do they rub?

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: 215 Tires: where do they rub?
From: "Tomislav Marincic" <tomislav.marincic@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 15:32:55 -0400
Thanks to everyone who answered my question about 16" Panasports. The concensus
was they might rub a little with 215 width tires.

Can anyone tell me where the rubbing occurs: front or back, brake side or
lugnut side. My body is off the frame at the moment, so rolling or grinding the
outer fender lips would be relatively easy: is this of any value?

Bob Lang, I know you auto-x with 16" Panas, can you offer any advice?

I finally went with 215/60/16 Michelins. I didn't want 215 width, but by going
wider I could get a lot more tire choices. 215/60/16 Michelin XGT H4's show a
26.3" installed diameter at the Tire Rack, which is close enough to the 26 7/8"
of my old Michelin Redlines (worn).

Thanks,

Tomislav Marincic
tomislav.marincic@earthlink.net