Steering Rack mounts

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Steering Rack mounts
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 12:00:43 -0700 (PDT)
John Cohen asked "Is there any difference in quality or effectiveness between
the
Goodparts
aluminum rack mounts with the Allen heads top & bottom and the other
style ..."
 My response is, except for the Jam nut issue (chuckle chuckle) the only
difference I know of is looks.  Goodparts mounts look a lot nicer than the ones
from the big 3.  I should know, I have the ones from the big 3 and wish I had
bought the Goodparts one.  On the issue of steering wheel alignment (I know
nothing about the passenger wheel sticking out issue) this is easily corrected,
assuming the wheels are properly aligned.  All you have to do is park the car
with the front wheels tracking perfectly straight ahead, loosen the steering
rack, turn the steering wheel slightly until it is where it should be (the rack
will move slightly) and tighten the steering rack back down.
Mike Lunsford, 1970 TR 6