RE: Removing Trunnions

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Removing Trunnions
From: "Russ & Sandy" <bungs4@wpia.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 12:58:10 -0400
I have an update from a couple days ago on my passenger side suspension
problem. If you remember the suspension was stiff only on the passenger side.
I received a lot of good advice on things to check. I removed the axle shaft
and gave it 1/2 of a spin so now it does't rest on the frame and it is free
and not binding. I removed the shock on that side and everthing worked freely.
Then I swapped the springs from side to side without any change. It must be in
in the shock or shock mounting. Since the problem existed (I think) before I
installed the conversation kit. It would seem that it almost has to be in the
trailing arm. Since I installed the kit because I thought the original damper
was no good. Today I will have to do some measuring to see if the kit was
installed correctly and see if there is a visable problem with the trailing
arm. I might remove that side and install the damper again. Any thought of
anything else to check?
.
Russell
73 TR6
Snowing today in S.W. Pa., Gotta love it.