RE: c.r.

To: <Lizirbydavis@cs.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: c.r.
From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:38:48 -0800
Joe,

I don't know what the specs for the GP2 cam is.  I'm sure that Richard Good
could give you spot-on advice as to what CR to run.  However, having said
that, usually raising the CR with a performance cam will usually beef up the
lower RPM power band a bit (where the performance cam can lose some HP).
With the higher compression and cam, you may find it advantageous to recurve
your distributor to optimize it to the new engine valve timing and
compression.  As to the disadvantages, the two you cited are possible, but
not necessarily inevitable.

Hugh Barber
Hollister, CA
'73 TR6