Re: Subject: Rebush Front suspension

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Subject: Rebush Front suspension
From: MTRsix71@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 23:32:46 EST
Bruce,
I purchased the TRF magic kit for front suspension in stock rubber about two
years ago. I was penny pinching at the time and I thought I could get at least
a decade out of the stock rubber. My six sat on blocks for about two years as
it worked on it. Just this past month I have finally got it down and
drivable. I noticed however before putting the wheels back on that the upper
and lower
A-Arm bushes are already cracked on the outer edges and the ball joint rubber
skirt as well as the trunnion rubber skirt is cracked as well. So much for
stock rubber. If I were to do it again, I would select the urethane at minimum.
I cannot comment on the benefits of upgrading to higher end material.
Durability is likely improved. The ride is already a bit harsh by current
standards in
the six so you may not even notice the stiffer feel with uprated materials.

Michael Rankin
1971 TR6 CC 61212 L
Louisiana, USA