Now I need wiring help

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Now I need wiring help
From: JRURHH@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 18:15:53 EST
Cleaning up after my small fire is looking like a bigger problem than I
thought. After getting all the dust out from the fire extinguisher I was able
see what happened to my wiring. It appears that two of the wires going into
light switch shorted on each other. One of the wire goes from the switch to a
connector on the batter cable. It is burned all the way! The tape along the
whole route is burned and in places this one wire has burned out of the
harness.

Anyone have an words of wisdom on how to start going about sorting the  whole
mess out. I just went on the 6-pack site and ordered Don Masters  electrical
book. What else should I look out for.

Jim Robichau
Working in an unheated garage in New England