RE: Glad I carry a fire extinguisher

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>, JRURHH@aol.com
Subject: RE: Glad I carry a fire extinguisher
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 21:04:05 -0700
>===== Original Message From JRURHH@aol.com =====
>I just had to use a fire extinguisher under the dash of the six, am I glad
>it was right behind me in car. I haven't driven the car in a while as it's a
>little cold in Boston this time of year but since my 16 year old just got his
>license my car is always gone. I thought I'd just crank up the TR6 for a
short
> trip to the store.
>
>The car started right up and after letting it warm up for a minute I  flipped
>on the head lights and was just about to leave when smoke started  pouring
>out of the dash. I thought it was the light switch so I pull it out and
behind
>it a glowing wires which soon turns to flames. I got the fire out quick  but
>the car is a mess of white powder.
>
>Looks like I have a new project for the winter.
>
>If you don't have a fire extinguisher in your car I would suggest you go  out
>and get one.
>
>Jim Robichau

 I'll knock on wood after I send this but so far the only time I've had to use
the fire extinguisher that I carry in my TR6 was for a '66 Mustang that had a
carburettor fire. He was very happy to see me.

 I also check the pressure gauge every once in a while to make sure it hasn't
leaked. A fire extinguisher that doesn't work is no good at all.

Shawn J. Loseke
1972 TR6
Fort Collins, CO