Re: corvair rear hubs for TR6 (fwd)

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: corvair rear hubs for TR6 (fwd)
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 10:38:56 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Michael Hutchinson wrote:

> Hello all,
> Could anyone forward to me off list what is entailed in performing the rear
> hub swap to use Corvair hubs.  Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
> I have found a cache of Corvair parts and am interested in doing that
> conversion.  Thanks if advance.
> Michael Hutchinson
> '71 TR6

you need the late IRS style hubs, not the early swing-axle ones.

you need to fabricate the bearing carrier from aluminium.

you need to tweak your out axle yokes to accomodate an adapter u-joint.

you need to re-drill the hub flange for the 4 on 4.5" TR5 bolt pattern.

Then you need to install them which intails modifying the trailing arm to
allow the stub axle through and you have to fabricate longer studs to
mount the custom hub.

BUY THIS SERVICE FROM DAVE WINGETT (who is a 6pack list participant)!

rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |