Re: Carpet Installation

To: jserignese@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Subject: Re: Carpet Installation
From: Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 19:46:13 -0400
Jim,

I recently went through the same thing. I purchased a beautiful new
carpet set from TRF with the under felt & searched the box for
installation instructions. I called TRF to send me the missing
instructions & they informed me that they don't supply them or have any
to sell. At first I was a little bewildered by this , after all it would
be nice to see a picture or two or some sort of reference. This is not
brain surgery but It's also not an everyday event for most of us.
Then I started to remove all the old pieces, match them to the new
replacements & sort things out. Here's where the true quality of the TRF
kit started to show. Every single piece fit perfectly. Every seam &
border fell in to place. It was almost impossible to make a mistake.
Even the under felt was cut perfectly & required a minimum of cutting.
The two steps that I would of liked a little more instruction on were
the placement of the snaps & fitting the rocker panel sections (between
the A & B posts). Again, easy to figure out. The key is to fit the
pieces first, line up all seams & after your sure , fit permanently.
Good luck, if you need any specific help please let me know or of course
there's no better place than the list for the best help & people on the
planet.

--
Mitch Seff
Oceanside, N.Y.