RE: Power Loss Problem

To: "Gary R." <techpartners@charter.net>, 6pack list
Subject: RE: Power Loss Problem
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 14:51:55 -0600
Good call on that possibility. The gross jets seem to stick very easily. I had
them on my twin carb set up and often encountered them sticking. I stayed with
the needle type on my tri-carb set up and have had no problems with them. It
could just be me though as I have had a Pertronix fitted for seven years with
no problems so maybe I am (or my car is) an anomaly. A british mechanic I know
refers to Gross Jets as "grossly over-rated", his pun not mine.

Shawn J. Loseke
1972 TR6
Fort COllins, CO

>===== Original Message From "Gary R." <techpartners@charter.net> =====
>Sounds a lot like the problem I was having, turned out to be a stuck Gross
>jet in the rear carb that wasn't letting enough fuel into the float bowl.
>Felt like it was running out of gas (because 3 of 6 cylinders WERE running
>out of gas!), caused backfiring, etc. It was a real headache to me because I
>had just installed a Crane XR-3000 and of course looked to that as the
>problem... Finally reinstalling the points to see that it was a fuel
>problem, which was easy enough to fix..
>
>Gary R.
>http://www.icer.net/TR6.html
>74 TR6