Note about seat kits

To: "6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Note about seat kits
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 09:07:38 -0500
 I just had seat kits purchased from Rimmer Bros installed for my "69 TR6 and
would like to let the list know about the fit. The upholsterer cussed these
kits, it took him 5 hours to fit each one. His problems, were that they seemed
cut a little small and the backs didn't fit well either. Not to mention that
the little clips in the hardware kit that hold the backs on were to small.
  Luckily the upholsterer knew what he was doing and the seats look pretty
good, but just don't look as good as the originals as they look a little
stuffed compared to the fit of the old ones.
 I can't say anything about the fit for the other TR6 seats, but avoid the
duck bill kits from Rimmer. Not like anyone would be purchasing these kit from
England anyway considering the exchange rate now.

Richard Seaton
RSH17@msn.com<mailto:RSH17@msn.com>
View My restoration @
(http://groups.msn.com/Richards69TR6Restoration<http://groups.msn.com/Richard