Re: TR250 Wiper Motor/Gear Rebuild

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR250 Wiper Motor/Gear Rebuild
From: "Sterrett Smith" <sterrettsmith@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 07:45:47 -0400
Bruce, Peter and 6-Pack,

I wish to thank the list and Peter especially for directing me towards
Mark's services at British Auto in Macedon, NY.  TRF was giving me a time
table of 6-8 weeks for a rebuild and when I talked with Mark, he said a
week.  This would allow me to have wipers for the drive to the VTR 600 miles
away... a very nice thing.

Mark returned my rebuilt motor in a week and it looks beautiful.  Now my
next problem was figuring out how my TR6 Lucas wiper switch (a five terminal
switch, P/N 39748A1199) was to be properly wired to the three wire 250
harness.  After 45 minutes on the phone and a some head scratching, we (read
"Mark") figured out what goes where.  And it works!!  The first time in two
years since I've owned the car.

FWIW, I soldered a male tab on the non-existant terminal 3 position and
attached the black ground wire.  The red with l/g stripe to terminal 4, the
brown with l/g stripe at termnial 5.

I have really appreciated all the support that this list provides to
members.  Most of the time I sit back and read, but occasionally I do have a
question, at those times, it is met with a stream of very knowledgeable
answers.

Thank you all,

Sterrett Smith
CD7568L

 >From: "Bruce Moxon" <bamxn@triad.rr.com>
 >To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
 >CC: <vze2846b@verizon.net>
 >Subject: Re: TR250 Wiper Motor/Gear Rebuild
 >Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 19:04:21 -0400
 >
 >Peter,
 >Sent my Wiper Motor to Mark last week and received a call on Monday that
it
 >had been rebuilt and ready to return. Much quicker than the TRF turnaround
 >of
 >6-8 weeks. Once I receive and install. will update the list.
 >
 >Thanks to all that replied.
 >Bruce
 >TR250
 >

 >From: Peter Macholdt <vze2846b@verizon.net>
 >Subject: Re: TR250 Wiper Motor/Gear Rebuilds
 >
 >Bruce,
 >
 >Try Mark at British Auto in Macedon, New York (800-458-4575. He did my
 >wiper
 >motor in 2000 and I'm very happy with the results (NFI).
 >
 >Peter
 >'68 TR250

Get fast, reliable Internet access with MSN 9 Dial-up  now 2 months FREE!