RE: Gas Mileage question

To: "'Ken Davis'" <ken.davis@comcast.net>, "'6pack'"
Subject: RE: Gas Mileage question
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 18:50:58 -0500
I avg. about 18 around town and 22 on the road. I have a modified engine
with performance cam
and J type o/d. I drive fairly aggressively .

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO

While the 'BBC' is undergoing a diff, rear suspension, front suspension
etc overhaul, I've been tootling around town in the LBC.  This week's
Northern California sunshine was great; today's hi fog and cool breeze
isn't. Been checking the gas consumption over the last 3 weeks or so,
it's averaging about 14.7 US gallon.  It's a mix of city and local
freeway driving.  I think it's low, the 87 jag gets better!  Out of
curiosity, what's the general average for general town/freeway driving.
I'm pretty cautious on the throttle, rarely over 3000-3500.  The tail
pipes are quite sooty, so I think maybe a leaning is required.
Especially is my mileage is significantly lower than other driver's
experiences.

Thanks

Ken
73 TR6 CF7000U0
87 SIII Jag ('undergoing R&R&transplant)
79 Vespa Grande