putting a windscreen back ON a TR6

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: putting a windscreen back ON a TR6
From: James A TenCate <tencate@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 21:55:28 -0600
For those of you who wrote me asking what I found out about what
sealants to use to mate the windscreen to the car again, Bob wrote
me with the following tidbit and I thought I'd pass this along to those of
you here who don't also read the general triumphs mailing list...

I've got some coming and will let you know how it works for me.
Bob seems quite happy with it.

Jim

>From: Bob Rochlin <r_rochlin@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: putting a windscreen back ON a TR6
>
>Jim,
>     The 3 M strip caulk comes in about 1 foot strips with dozens to a box.
>It has a rubbery feel and is a solid. The 3M part number is 051135-08578.
>You take several of these strips and lay them along the center of where the
>windshield assembly will bed and just squish the end of each piece to the
>next.  When you put in the windshield the caulk strips conform to the
>contour of the windshield to dash gap.  If you have a problem area you can
>squish two strips together to conform to a larger gap. This summer we took
>our Triumph on vacation for a week of soaking rain and had no leaks.
>     I got my lifetime supply at the local auto parts store, Bob's Speed and
>Auto Parts. I'm sure it is readily available, if not in an auto parts store,
then certainly in a auto body supply.