How do it know? Further electrical questions

To: "'TR6 list'" <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: How do it know? Further electrical questions
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 17:43:13 -0400
OK, here's a dumb one for everyone.  I've replaced several tail lamp
sockets on my TR6.  The newer sockets for the running/brake lights have
three tabs instead of the original two tabs.

Two of the three tabs are bronze in color, with the remaining tab being
stainless in color.  How do you know which wires to hook up where?

Also, one of the tabs is a ground tab, which was previously not used.  I
would like to know the best method to run a ground wire so as to not
have future problems.  Such as:  what gauge wire, connection method,
etc.

Thanks,

R. Ashford Little II
www.geocities.com/ralittle2