Re: car-buying scam, no LBC content

To: StangGuy67@aol.com
Subject: Re: car-buying scam, no LBC content
From: "steve bridge" <slbridge@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 21:14:51 +0000
>From: StangGuy67@aol.com
>To: vinkg@fleishman.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
>Subject: Re: car-buying scam, no LBC content
>Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 16:40:35 EDT
>
>In a message dated 4/21/03 9:51:06 AM, vinkg@fleishman.com writes:
>
><< The seller's bank received a bank check for an amount several thousand
>more
>than the asking price of the car. The buyer said that his bank
>inadvertently
>sent the wrong amount and just to send that amount back to him plus the
>car.
>  >>

>I've bought and sold close to 80 cars in my lifetime (and I'm only 45!),
>and
>have ALWAYS insisted on cash when selling, primarily because of issues like
>these. Most people don't know that one can stop payment on a cashier's
>check,
>also.
>
>True, most of those cars have been under 20k, but it's no big deal to go to
>the bank, get a large amount of cash, and put it in an overnight bag, small
>suitcase, etc. Often, I would visit a distant city by plane, get a hotel
>room, and start making calls. You can be a great negotiator when you have
>the
>cash with you!
>
>Just my 2 cents worth....
>
>Kraig Griffiths
>
>(currently down to 7 cars)

Hi Kraig,
   You must not live in the US, must not fit the drug currier profile,  or
you are lucky as posessing over $400 in cash is a crime in the US.  Your
cash will be arrested and seized.  No criminal act or conviction on your
part is needed.   One of the many, many blessings from the war on drugs.
If you scoff, go to the bank, remove $10.000, put it a thick metal money
clip and fo for trip on a commercial airline.  You will go to Federal prison
if you try to take your $10,000 cash to Canada and buy a car without asking
permission of the Feds first.
   Love my country, but ...
         Steve