Re: car-buying scam, no LBC content

To: vinkg@fleishman.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: car-buying scam, no LBC content
From: StangGuy67@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 16:40:35 EDT
In a message dated 4/21/03 9:51:06 AM, vinkg@fleishman.com writes:

<< The seller's bank received a bank check for an amount several thousand more
than the asking price of the car. The buyer said that his bank inadvertently
sent the wrong amount and just to send that amount back to him plus the car.

I've bought and sold close to 80 cars in my lifetime (and I'm only 45!), and
have ALWAYS insisted on cash when selling, primarily because of issues like
these. Most people don't know that one can stop payment on a cashier's check,
also.

True, most of those cars have been under 20k, but it's no big deal to go to
the bank, get a large amount of cash, and put it in an overnight bag, small
suitcase, etc. Often, I would visit a distant city by plane, get a hotel
room, and start making calls. You can be a great negotiator when you have the
cash with you!

Just my 2 cents worth....

Kraig Griffiths

(currently down to 7 cars)