RE: miss firing

To: "'Walt Philipson'" <WaltP@Anspach.com>,
Subject: RE: miss firing
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 18:51:12 -0400
Walt,
I'd check the distributor shaft bushings. If they are bad, the
distributor shaft wobbles around and causes the point gap to fluctuate,
giving you the "bouncing dwell" and misfiring. Going to an electronic
ignition will solve the dwell problem but the real fix is to have your
distributor re-bushed and refurbished.

I highly recommend:

Bob Sarama
136 Shingleoak Drive
Loveland, Ohio 45140
sarama@cinci.rr.com

Bob rebuilt one of my TR6 distributors and did an outstanding job at a
fair price.

NFI etc.,
Jim Davis
Fortson, GA