miss firing

To: "6 Pack (E-mail)" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: miss firing
From: Walt Philipson <WaltP@Anspach.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 18:16:05 -0400
list,

I've just finished installing points, plugs, condenser, rotor, cap, plug
wires. I also rebuilt the carbs, including new throttle shafts and bushings.
I now have a miss that comes and goes. Some times runs smoothly, most times
it has an intermittent miss at all conditions (idle, steady cruise,
acceleration).

I've got 120 psi compression across the board, and 20 inches of vacuum at
idle.

I've noticed that my dwell bounces a few degrees at idle.

What should my next step be? Could this be a bad condenser? points?
distributor?

TIA

please respond directly as I'm in digest mode.

Walt Philipson
waltp@anspach.com