Balanced / Blueprinted?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Balanced / Blueprinted?
From: mbullard <mbullard@hawaii.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 10:43:41 -0800 (PST)
Aloha All,

Well I searched the archives hoping not to share my ignorance but couldn't
find the answer.

A couple of weeks ago, I shared my compression tests with you all and have
since discovered that I need a valve job. I am thinking about having the
whole engine rebuilt and would appreciate you thoughts on that. The car has
about 82k miles on it.

What I am curious about, is if I go ahead and do the whole engine, what is a
balanced and blueprinted engine? I've heard the terms many times but don't
really understand what they mean or if this is just part of having an engine
rebuilt?

I am interested in increasing the power but the car will only be used as a
driver.  I don't have any desire to build a race car. Suggestions on changes
to the engine that I might make while I'm at it would be appreciated also.

Thanks,

Mark
'74 TR6
Kailua, HI