Re: Problem: Grooving brake rotors

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>, "Mark Walker" <tr250@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Problem: Grooving brake rotors
From: "levilevi" <levilevi@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 16:21:00 -0700
Pull the pads and check the surfaces for rivets (if the grooves are at the
same spot on each rotor) that are poking through the pad surface.  You never
know if the guy making the pads had a bad day and used ones too long or
something.  Do they even use rivets anymore?  The pads I have (new) that I
just looked out have a 4 "plug" looking things on the back that are flush with
the surface.  Looks like they are holding that pad to the brake pad.

If the grooves in different spots maybe the pads are good at picking up rocks
and you have forsaken all odds and gotten a rock stuck in the pads on both
sides at the same time.

Bud Rolofson
71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost Parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F250 Ford Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)