clutch cross shaft

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: clutch cross shaft
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 18:56:15 EST
Hi Folks,
Earlier this week I posted that the clutch cross shaft I had received from
TRF had the tapered hole drilled in the incorrect position.  I stand
corrected.  The TRF shaft measured .25" closer to the actuating lever than my
old shaft, and I couldn't get the pin in because of the bind.   I spoke with
Dave at TRF, and he agreed that there had been some concern about the shafts
that they supplied. He suggested I remove the anti-rattle spring  as the
early cars were not fitted with the spring. It turns out that the shaft fits
just fine with the spring is removed.  I hope the spring is not necessary.  I
have three trannys from "early" cars and they all have springs.  Who knows.
Regardless, the TRF shaft fits fine.  My apologies to TRF, and to 6 pack for
spreading bad info.
Joe Davis