Re: Pilot bushing & clutch cover

To: ms6453@optonline.net (Mitchel Seff)
Subject: Re: Pilot bushing & clutch cover
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 23:16:54 -0800 (PST)
Mitch---I don't recall if there is "data" on the pilot bushing. The
clearance you found does not seem excessive, but as you said..they're
cheap, and you don't go here often.

The light grooves in the pressure plate fingers are of no consequence.
The KOYO you're replacing left a circle wider than the "standard"
bearing. If you want to remove the worn spot for some reason, note that
SEARS carries cupped shaped rubber backed grinding disks that do this
job with ease. Did the above to mine, just because...

I am surprised that you are going with the standard throwout bearing!

Dick