Pilot bushing & clutch cover

To: 6-Pack email list <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Pilot bushing & clutch cover
From: Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 23:44:50 -0500
Hi all,
The trany is out while other work is being done and I have a few
questions. I slid the pilot bushing over the transmission shaft & there
is about .002-.003 movement. Is this acceptable. The bushing has less
than 15,000 miles on it. The clutch pressure plate also has a slight
grooving in the fingers due to the Land Cruiser T/O bearing. I have
installed a new standard replacement bearing in place of the Toyota
because of the grooving but I had no other problem with the bearing. The
pressure plate also has about the same usage on it. I don't mind
replacing the pilot bushing , that's rather inexpensive as long as I
don't end up with the same clearance but the pressure plate is a more
costly part. Should I risk not replacing the pressure plate ?
Thanks , as usual for the help.

--
Mitch Seff
Oceanside, N.Y.