Gleason Torson or Posi Differential Question

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Gleason Torson or Posi Differential Question
From: "steve bridge" <slbridge@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 20:02:48 +0000
Hello all,
     I am going through the TR6 Differential in my Spitfire 3.5 project and
when turned, the spider gears seem to catch as though they have grit in
them.  I pulled everything apart down to the spider gears.  In every other
diff I have had apart, once the pin is removed, turning the axle spins the
smaller spiders out. That allows you access to the gears in the carrier (
which is where I suspect my problems are coming from.  These gears do not
spin out of the carrier.
      I don't have a shop manual, is there a special procedure?

I don't really have the money, but I had better consider it in making my
decision of how to proceed...  Who ( if anyone ) makes the posi units for
TR6s?   I know there is a unit for Sprites as I remember reading an article
about it, I just don't remember the company's name.     SD Steve