lightened flywheels etc.

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: lightened flywheels etc.
From: "mitch vamos" <mitchvamos@operamail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 13:13:30 +0800
vizards file at this url has all you need to know about  flywheel lightening.
(or anything else) look at page 94.

http://www.141.com/triumphs/vizard.pdf

my last car i had the stock fwheel lightened. around 20#. no real noticeable
difference. car was quicker but i had also shaved the head and added headers so
it's really hard to say what effect the flywheel lightening had. i'd say not a
lot and probably wouldn't bother doing it like that again.
i put an fidenza on this car. 11# but haven't driven it yet.

as far as the alum. flywheel walking, i kind of doubt thats a  concern for
most, how many guys actually race and rev their cars to the extreme constantly?
if you do that you'll have problems in many areas.
i also saw one post that said to make sure you use loctite on the bolts. the
instructions for my alum. fwheel said don't use loctite and use the standard
bolts.

--
http://www.operamail.com
Now with OperaMail Premium for only US$29.99/yr