Removal of Thrust Washers

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Removal of Thrust Washers
From: ShewFamily@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 17:32:01 -0500
I have my '74 TR6 engine on an engine stand awaiting the return of the body
from the paint shop.

I checked the end float on my crank and it is .01 (10 ten thousandths).  The
manuals say .006 to .008 is spec.  So, I have a set of standard and .005 over
thrust washers to install.  I have removed the rear bearing cap and bearing and
as the instructions have said, I have rotated the crank in the direction of the
tab to prevent the top bearing half from rolling out.  Problem is that the
thrust washers won't come out.  Has anyone experienced this problem?  How did
you get them out.  I figure I will take something plastic and try to get them
started out, but I thought I would check with the list first.  Also, has anyone
gone for tolerances under .006?  Thanks for your help.
John Shewmake
'74 TR6
Chattanooga, TN