RE: Ignition wiring problem

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Ignition wiring problem
From: "Jim Swarthout" <jswarth1@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 07:33:00 -0500
Mark,

Sounds like you've got a bit of a mess going. At the risk of helping you
start another fire I'm afraid it would be impossible, (for me anyway),
to provide any sort of quick fix assistance based on the info given.

Luckily the TR-6 wiring loom is incredibly simple. Meaning there is
actually very little wire, and not that many connections.

If you feel confident in your ability to straighten this out, then I
suggest a complete inspection of the loom per the schematic in Robert
Bentley's manual...or one of the other popular TR-6 wiring manuals.

A complete removal and inspection of the loom, (unwrap it), may take a
couple of days, but it's worth it!

The confidence when finished is priceless and it really isn't
technically difficult.

Most high performance shops have high quality loom wrap, (cheap), that
can be used to re-wrap the wires thereby putting the loom back good as
new. Buy good quality electrical tape, and use heat shrink, (marine
grade), on any connectors that you can get to.

Best regards,

Jim Swarthout