Brit Car Magazine - Grassroots Takeover

To: "'6pack@autox.team.net'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brit Car Magazine - Grassroots Takeover
From: "Simms, Bruce CIC" <BSimms@cicorp.sk.ca>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 12:13:29 -0600
My approach has been to go to the newsstand and scan British Car, Triumph,
Practical Classics and Grassroots to determine if I want to buy any of them.
I'm looking for mostly for info to restore/improve my 6.    I'm less
interested that a historically important gazillion dollar Bentley-Aston
(whatever) showed stunningly on the manicured lawn at some concours event.
The Brit related articles that do appear in Grassroots tend to be useful,
helping guys with average finances improve affordable classics.  The recent
article on bolt-on performance upgrades for MGB is an example of this.   The
before/after dyno and sniffer tests were great.   I was surprised that
needle selection made no discernable performance difference on the SUs.
Have folks found this on their 6s?   Engine oil seemed to be the best for
dashpots.

Admittedly, publishing a magazine is a lot about compromises to please
multiple target audiences and stay within budget.   Content also varies with
the interest and abilities of the publisher and writers.