Piston Rings and Bearings

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Piston Rings and Bearings
From: "Wayne Ross" <rengrave@netzero.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 12:32:43 -0500
When I received my new piston rings from Moss, I noticed that the Oil Ring
looks different than I remenber my old rings (which I think were original, and
the machine shop removed and threw away) and different than the pictures in
the manuals. Or I just might be ignorant because this is my first rebuild on
my engine.

The new Oil Ring assembly consists of 4 parts per piston, two are flat rings,
one is dark, like spring steel and is an octagon shape with slots on all eight
sides, and one is a wavy ring.
The name on the box is Deves, from CA. Piston ring set (std) #817-600
RA22626STD.

Does anyone have any experience with these rings?

Also, the crank bearings I received are AE Federal-Mogul Aftermarket, UK, Ltd.
Bradford, England.

Does anyone have any experience with these bearings?

Wayne from Massachusetts
1973 TR6 Mallard