RE: Gunst and Sachs

To: "'Sally or Dick Taylor'" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Subject: RE: Gunst and Sachs
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 14:34:56 -0500
Dick, thanks for your input.  One thing I was a bit surprised about when
fixing my clutch was the similarity of size between the Koyo and RHP in
terms of O/D.  I didn't examine it as closely as I might have liked to
due to time constraints though.

But, it appeared to me that the diameter of the Gunst was decently
(how's that for vagueness) smaller than the RHP, is that not so?  Either
way, I can see how the smaller o/d of the Gunst would make the cranked
fingers irrelevant.

Thanks for the clarification.

And on a side note, when I have my engine rebuilt, I may switch over to
the B&B now that you've adequately explained the difference.  Currently,
I'm lucky if I've got 100hp, but I plan to go close to 150hp when the
time comes.

Anyway, I would recommend staying away from the LUK unit.  "That's my
story, and I'm sticking to it."

R. Ashford Little II
www.geocities.com/ralittle2