RE: Gunst and Sachs

To: ralittle2@mindspring.com (R. Ashford Little II)
Subject: RE: Gunst and Sachs
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 11:25:43 -0800 (PST)
Ashford---On the use of the B&B clutch with the Gunst bearing..The
"cranked" fingers on this clutch is irrelevant, as the diameter of the
Gunst is similar to the RHP. This means that the contact area  between
the two is not on the finger  angle, as is the KOYO.

It's possible that a soft (Sachs) clutch that has less clamping pressure
may not "hold" under some conditions where high torque transfer is
present.  This has not been the case with the cranked B&B. (I DID find
this slippage in the B&B with flat diaphragm fingers, tho I'm not sure
why)

Dick